Windows Server 2012
MS 20415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
Training name: MS 20415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure
Duration (in days): 5
This 5-day MS 20415 Implementing a Desktop Infrastructure instructor-led course provides you with the skills and knowledge needed to plan, design, and implement a Windows 8 desktop infrastructure. The course provides guidance on planning and deploying desktops by using several technologies such as User State Migration Tool (USMT), Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT), Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI), and more. Additionally, the course describes how to protect desktops and monitor their health and performance.
Assess and determine desktop deployment options.
- Plan an image management strategy.
- Implement desktop security.
- Capture and manage a desktop operating system image.
- Plan and implement User State Migration.
- Plan and deploy desktops by using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit.
- Plan and deploying desktops by using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager.
- Plan and implement a Remote Desktop Services infrastructure.
- Manage user state virtualization for enterprise desktops.
- Plan and implement an updates infrastructure to support enterprise desktops.
- Protect enterprise desktops from malware and data loss.
- Monitoring the performance and health of the desktop infrastructure.
The course is primarily intended for IT Professionals who manage the desktop environments for organizations, and want to specialize in Windows® 8 desktop deployments. These IT professionals typically work in complex computing environments of large to enterprise-sized organizations. In addition. the secondary audience for this course includes IT professionals who want to take the 70-415: Implementing an Enterprise Desktop and Device Infrastructure exam as a stand-alone, or as part of the requirement for the MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure certification.
The course is primarily intended for IT Professionals who manage the desktop environments for organizations, and want to specialize in Windows 8 desktop deployments.
Module 1: Assessing and Determining Desktop Deployment Options
- Overview of the Enterprise Desktop Life Cycle
- Assessing Hardware and Infrastructure Readiness for a Desktop Deployment
- Using MAP to Assess Deployment Readiness
- Overview of Enterprise Desktop Deployment Methods
- Volume Activation Technologies for Enterprise Desktops
Module 2: Planning An Image Management Strategy
- Overview of Windows Image Format
- Overview of Image Management
Module 3: Implementing Desktop Security
- Implementing a Centralized Desktop Security Solution
- Planning and Implementing BitLocker
- Planning and Implementing EFS
Module 4: Capturing and Managing a Desktop Operating System Image
- Overview of Windows ADK
- Managing Windows PE
- Building a Reference Image by Using Windows SIM and Sysprep
- Capturing and Servicing a Reference Image
- Configuring and Managing Windows DS
Module 5: Planning and Implementing User State Migration
- Overview of User State Migration
- Planning User State Migration by Using USMT
- Migrating User State by Using USMT
Module 6: Planning and Deploying Desktops Using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Planning for the LTI Environment
- Implementing MDT 2012 for LTI
- Integrating Windows DS with MDT
Module 7: Planning and Deploying Desktops by Using System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Planning the ZTI Environment
- Preparing the Site for Operating System Deployment
- Building a Reference Image by Using a Configuration Manager Task Sequence
- Deploying Client Images by Using MDT Task Sequences
Module 8: Planning and Implementing a Remote Desktop Services Infrastructure
- Overview of Remote Desktop Services
- Planning the Remote Desktop Services Environment
- Configuring a Virtual Machine–Based Desktop Infrastructure Deployment
- Configuring a Session-Based Desktop Deployment
- Extending the Remote Desktop Services Environment to the Internet
Module 9: Managing User State Virtualization For Enterprise Desktops
- Overview of User State Virtualization
- Planning User State Virtualization
- Configuring Roaming Profiles, Folder Redirection, and Offline Files
- Implementing UE-V
Module 10: Planning and Implementing an Updates Infrastructure to Support Enterprise Desktops
- Planning an Updates Infrastructure for the Enterprise
- Supporting Software Updates with System Center 2012 Configuration Manager
- Managing Updates for Virtual Machines and Images
- Using Windows Intune for Managing Software Updates
Module 11: Protecting Enterprise Desktops from Malware and Data Loss
- Overview of System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection
- Configuring System Center 2012 Endpoint Protection Client Settings and Monitoring Status
- Using Windows Intune Endpoint Protection
- Protecting Desktops by Using DPM
Module 12: Monitoring the Performance and Health of the Desktop Infrastructure
- Performance and Health Monitoring for the Desktop Infrastructure
- Monitoring VDI
* VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland* VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland
In case customers from Poland prices can be negotiated
VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland