Training name: ITIL FOUNDATION
Duration (in days): 3
The aim of the training is to acknowledge and understand the ITIL method on the basic level. The training is conducted in a form of lecture with practical exercises based on an extended case study. The training ends with a certificating examination. In case of a positive result the participant receives an international ITIL Foundation certificate.
ITIL (the IT Infrastructure Library) is a set of the best management practices in the field of IT services. The ITIL structure has been continuously created since 1989 by the Office of Government Commerce (OGC). So far three versions occurred, which reflect the increase of IT impact on the organisation.
The ITIL structure defines how the Management of Services should be implemented in a specific organisation and is now emerging as widely accepted and implemented way of delivery and implementation of IT services. The third version of ITIL®, implemented in 2007, has brought an integrated framework of processes, activities, roles and functions presented in five core books with supplements given separately, also via the network. Typically, ITIL is a flexible way of better adjustment of IT services to the current needs of the business and the users as well as of delivery of services according to the specification and ready for use.
A thorough understanding of the scope of ITIL, including:
- the terminology and key processes, activities, roles and responsibilities,
- the understanding of the strategic context of relations between business and IT,
- the understanding of the rules of transfer of business requirements to the project of a single service or a set of services,
- the understanding of the key contexts for introducing changes in an environment by implementing the prepared projects of services,
- the understanding of the key aspects of exploitation of services and relations of exploitation to the previously mentioned elements,
- the understanding of the requirements for the first step of ITIL implementation,
- the understanding of methods and rules of observation as well as improving the services and rules of managing them.
The skills listed above are confirmed by the ITIL Foundation Certificate (after passing the exam).
The training is dedicated for people who expect:
- a deep understanding of ITIL structure and indication what benefits the management of IT services can bring to the organisation,
- the knowledge concerning the key processes and activities of ITIL together with the important details,
- a guide for the first step of ITIL implementation with an indication how to maximise benefits and minimise costs and risk,
- the knowledge necessary to pass the Foundation examination.
- Service strategy - How and why does the strategy of services create the strategies which support the ITIL® v3 life cycle, enabling the design of service’s details and passing them to exploitation and then their improvement? How is the need for recording the important details of all the analysed, designed and provided services in the set of Services planned and Services exploited in the Catalogue of services being realised? How is the need for understanding the standard of business requirements being realised, so that the services can be designed and tested against their proper level? How is the need for transparency of financial management enabling efficient exploitation of services being realised?
- Designing the services– How is the concept of Single Point of Contact (SPOC) for the clients being realised? How is the catalogue of services being created in the context of identification, negotiation, arranging, monitoring and verification of the realisation of Service Level Agreement (SLA)? How should the attributes of services be designed: availability, reliability, resilience, ability to maintain and service? How should the capacitive requirements of business, services and components be designed? How does the IT cooperate with business for the analysis and management of risk? How does the IT cooperate with business for the management of issues and risk connected to the security?
- Transferring the services– How does the SACM create the hierarchy of data of Service Resources and Elements of configuration that form the base of every ITIL processes? How are different levels and types of changes described as well as procedures connected to them? How is the knowledge constituting a fundamental resource being stored and distributed? How does the creation and testing the versions of services and deployment packages implement changes?
- Exploitation of services– It describes the Service Desk with one of the few functions existing in the process of managing the incidents.
* VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland* VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland
In case customers from Poland prices can be negotiated
VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland