Windows Server 2012
MS 10970 Networking with Windows ServerÂŽ
Training name: MS 10970 Networking with Windows ServerÂŽ
Duration (in days): 5
Get hands-on instruction and practice implementing networking with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 in this 5-day Microsoft Official Course. You will learn the skills you need to help reduce networking complexity while lowering costs, simplifying management tasks, and delivering services reliably and efficiently. You will learn how to automate and consolidate networking processes and resources, more easily connect private clouds with public cloud services, and more easily connect users to IT resources and services across physical boundaries. You will learn how to configure some of the key networking features such as IP Addressing, IPAM, DNS and DHCP, Remote Access technologies such as DirectAccess and VPNs. You will learn how to secure networks using Windows Firewall, IPSec and Network Access Protection, as well as becoming familiar with high performance technologies such as NIC Teaming, Receive Side Scaling, SMB Direct and SMB MultiChannel. You will learn how to integrate your network infrastructure with Hyper-V and leverage virtual high performance technologies such as SR-IOV, virtual Machine Queue, (VMQ), virtual Receive Side Scaling (vRSS) as well as provision multitenant networks using Hyper-V Network Virtualization and provisioning external access for those multitenant networks using the built in software gateway in Window Server 2012 R2. As part of the learning experience, you will perform hands-on exercises in a virtual lab environment.
- Plan and implement an IPv4 network and configure and manage DHCP.
- Implement name resolution by using DNS.
- Implement IPv6 and integrate IPv6 and IPv4 networks.
- Implement and manage the IP Address Management feature in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement and manage remote access technologies in Windows Server 2012 such as DirectAccess, VPNs and Web Application Proxy
- Implement network security by using Windows Firewall with Advanced Security and IPsec in Windows Server 2012.
- Implement and manage Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Implement network services for branch offices.
- Implement network infrastructure for file and data services.
- Implement and manage networking in Hyper-V.
- Virtualize the physical network infrastructure in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2 using Hyper-V Network Virtualization and the built in Gateway.
- Network administrators who are looking to further develop skills with the latest networking technology in Windows Server 2012 and Window Server 2012 R2
- System or Infrastructure Administrators with general networking knowledge who are looking to build upon that core knowledge and cross train into advanced networking technologies on Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
- IT Professionals who have taken the 10967A: Fundamentals of a Windows Server Infrastructure course or have knowledge equivalent to the technologies covered in that course and are looking to build upon that knowledge
This course is intended for Information Technology (IT) professionals who have some networking knowledge and experience and are looking for a single course that will further develop that knowledge and skillset on core and advanced networking technologies in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
Module 1: Implementing IPv4 Services
- Planning IPv4 Addressing
- Managing and Troubleshooting IPv4 Connectivity
- Deploying Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol
- Managing and Troubleshooting DHCP
Module 2: Implementing Name Resolution by Using DNS
- Implementing DNS Servers
- Configuring Zones in DNS
- Configuring DNS Integration with AD DS
- Configuring Advanced DNS Settings
- Configuring DNS Resolution Between Zones
Module 3: Implementing IPv6
- Overview of IPv6 Addressing
- Implementing IPv6 and IPv4 Coexistence
- Transitioning from IPv4 to IPv6
Module 4: Implementing IPAM
- IPAM Overview
- Deploying IPAM
- Managing IP Address Spaces by Using IPAM
Module 5: Implementing Remote Access
- Remote Access Overview
- Implementing DirectAccess by Using the Getting Started Wizard
- Implementing and Managing an Advanced DirectAccess Infrastructure
- Implementing VPN
- Planning a Complex Remote Access Infrastructure
- Implementing Web Application Proxy
Module 6: Implementing Network Security
- Managing Windows Firewall with Advanced Security
- Configuring IPsec and Connection Security Rules
- Implementing Isolation Zones
Module 7: Implementing Network Access Protection
- Implementing NPS
- Network Access Protection Overview
- Configuring NAP
- Configuring IPsec Enforcement for NAP
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting NAP
Module 8: Implementing Networking for Branch Offices
- Networking Features and Considerations for Branch Offices
- Implementing DFS for Branch Offices
- Implementing BranchCache for Branch Offices
Module 9: Implementing Networking Infrastructure for File and Data Services
- Implementing iSCSI
- Implementing High Performance Networking Features
Module 10: Implementing and Managing Networking in Hyper-V
- Creating and Using Hyper-V Virtual Switches
- Configuring Advanced Hyper-V Networking Features
Module 11: Virtualizing Your Network Infrastructure
- Implementing Hyper-V Network Virtualization
- Managing Your Virtualized Network Infrastructure
In case customers from Poland prices can be negotiated
VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland