Windows Server 2012
MS 10971 Storage and High Availability with Windows Server
Training name: MS 10971 Storage and High Availability with Windows Server
Duration (in days): 4
- Manage and secure disks and volumes in Windows Server.
- Describe storage technologies and components in Windows Server.
- Implement and manage Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication.
- Describe high availability and disaster recovery with HyperâV virtual machines (VMs) and high availability with failover clustering in Windows Server 2012.
- Plan and implement a failover cluster.
- Describe managing server roles and clustering resources.
- Implement and manage VMs by using HyperâV with failover clustering.
- Describe how to use Virtual Machine Manager to perform storage infrastructure management.
- Describe cloud-based storage and high availability solutions.
- Plan and implement a NLB cluster.
This course is intended for experienced IT Professionals who have the following experience and background:
- IT professionals with real world experience working in an enterprise environment who are involved in storage and high availability management and provisioning, and who want to acquire knowledge and training on the latest technologies in those areas with Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT professionals with real-world experience who work in a Windows Server 2008 environment and want to assess the latest storage and technologies that are available in Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2.
- IT Professionals who work in small-to-medium enterprises who manage storage and high availability requirements for their organization.
- IT professionals who have skills in other areas, such as general system administration, who are looking for knowledge and skills for career development in Windows Server storage and high availability.
This course is intended for experienced IT Professionals who have the following experience and background.
Module 1: Fundamental Storage Technologies and Components
- Disk and File Systems Changes in Windows Server 2012
- Server Storage Topology
- Bus Technologies and Protocols
- Configuring Sharing in Windows Server
- Securing Volumes and Drives
Module 2: Implementing Storage Spaces and Data Deduplication
- Implementing Storage Spaces
- Maintaining Storage Spaces
- Implementing Data Deduplication
Module 3: High Availability in Windows Server
- Understanding High Availability
- High Availability and Disaster Recovery Solutions with Hyper-V Virtual Machines
- High Availability with Clustering in Windows Server 2012
Module 4: Implementing Failover Clustering
- Planning a Failover Cluster
- Creating a New Failover Cluster
Module 5: Managing Server Roles and Clustering Resources
- Configuring Highly Available Applications and Services on a Failover Cluster
- Managing and Maintaining a Failover Cluster
- Troubleshooting a Failover Cluster
- Implementing Site High Availability with Multisite Failover Clusters
Module 6: Implementing Failover Clustering with Hyper-V
- Overview of Integrating Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V with Failover Clustering
- Virtual Machine Storage Options
- Managing and Maintaining Hyper-V Virtual Machines on Failover Clusters
Module 7: Storage Infrastructure Management with Virtual Machine Manager
- Overview of Virtual Machine Manager
- Managing Storage Infrastructure with Virtual Machine Manager
- Provisioning Failover Clustering in Virtual Machine Manager
Module 8: Cloud-Based Storage and High Availability
- Azure Storage Solutions and Infrastructure
- Cloud Integrated Storage with StorSimple
- Disaster Recovery with Azure Site Recovery
Module 9: Implementing Network Load Balancing Clusters
- Overview of NLB
- Configuring an NLB Cluster
- Planning an NLB Implementation
In case customers from Poland prices can be negotiated
VAT not incl. It concerns only customers from Poland